Enjoy excellent persuasive letters to Ms Atkins from Oscar, Reuben, Rafi and Kia, arguing that we should reduce the amount of single-use plastic at Rosendale. We’ll have to see what Ms Atkins has to say but they’ve certainly convinced me.
Dear Ms Atkins
As a person who cares about our planet, I am writing about the issue of single-use plastic in Rosendale Primary. The main problem in our school is the plastic cups in afterschool and breakfast club.
Did you know that 500 billion plastic cups are used every year? We do not want to be part of that. It is a shocking fact that five trillion plastic bags are used worldwide each year – and 99% are thrown away. Not only that but there is more than one tonne of plastic for every person alive today.
The impact of plastic is a big problem for our environment. We should all be aware of the following facts:
– There are five trillion pieces of plastic in all the world’s oceans
– Experts think that there will soon be more plastic in the sea than fish
– 100,000 animals are killed by plastic each year.
I am sure you will agree that we need to do something about the amount of plastic we use at Rosendale. This is an important problem that we need to turn around. We should take the decision to ban plastic cups in breakfast club and afterschool club.
Oscar de Cruz
Dear Ms Atkins
I’ve wanted to tell you about single-use plastic for ages now. The main problem in our school is with us using single-use plastic cups in afterschool club and it’s terrible!
Did you know that five trillion plastic bags are used every year? Even more shocking, one million plastic bottles are used every minute. It is also a sad truth that 500 billion disposable cups are consumed every year.
The impact of single-use plastic is getting worse by the minute, literally, because hundreds of plastic bottles are thrown away every minute. The following facts make the problem clear:
– ⅓ of turtles (which mistake plastic for jellyfish) have died
– 100,000 sea animals die each year
– 9/10 of seabirds have eaten plastic
– Experts think that by 2050 the amount of plastic in the ocean will weigh more than the amount of fish.
– The Pacific Garbage Patch is three times bigger than France
– There are five trillion pieces of plastic in the world’s oceans.
I’m sure you’ll agree that you should let us be the leaders and we could stop using plastic cups. This is an issue that young people who care about our planet can understand and they can help us change the world.
Dear Ms Atkins
Most people know that single-use plastic is a danger to the Earth and at Rosendale we use too much of it. The main way Rosendale is adding to the global problem is we are using single-use plastic cups at afterschool club.
Not everyone is aware that 500 billion plastic cups are used every year. Did you know that 1 million plastic bottles are sold every minute? It is also a fact that five trillion plastic bags are used worldwide each year and 99% are thrown away. I was shocked to learn that each living human owns a tonne of plastic.
Single-use plastic is a worldwide catastrophe that we need to address. We should all be aware of the following facts:
– 90% of seabirds have mistaken plastic for fish
– Experts think that by 2050 there will be more plastic than fish in the sea
– One in three turtles have eaten a plastic bag.
– Each year, 100,000 sea creatures are killed by plastic.
It is clear that plastic is very destructive so we need to take action starting with no plastic cups in afterschool club.
Dear Ms Atkins
I’ve been wanting to tell you about single-use plastic for a long time now. This letter is especially aimed at breakfast club and afterschool club too. I want you to tell them to use reusable cups which can be washed and used again.
Did you know that 500 billion single-use plastic are used each year? Not only that, it is a little known fact that over one million plastic bottles are used by humans every minute.
The impact of plastic is a BIG problem for planet Earth and our generation. Let me tell you some interesting facts:
– Every year 100,000 sea animals are killed by plastic
– Soon there will be more plastic in the ocean than fish
– The Pacific Garbage Patch is three times bigger than France.
I’m sure you will agree that we need to stop this and we need to start using recyclable cups in afterschool club and breakfast club. Young children like us care about our planet and the world we live in.